Thursday, April 13, 2017

Things rarely seen in Kuwait

I've been visiting Madrid for a week.  As we travel around this beautiful city, my friends and I have found ourselves pointing out normal daily sights that we seldom or never see in Kuwait.  Here are some of the things we have noticed.  

Beautiful Public Parks 


This park is called El Retiro Park.  It occupies about 300 acres of land right in the city.  This beautiful park includes trails for walking/running, paddleboats, food, and plenty of place to stretch out and relax. 


Pork and Alcohol- while eating pork is not permitted in Kuwait, roasting little piggies seems to be a major part of life in Madrid.  In addition, lots of restaurants here give you free tapas or appetizers if you order alcoholic drinks.




This is a Burger King menu and you will notice beer is an option on the 3rd row



Tourism and Tourist- Kuwait does not have much of a tourist industry.


PDA- that's public displays of affection



Recycling- there are lots of recyclable items laying around the streets of Kuwait, but I don't know if recycle bins available in which to put these items



Dog Walking- I don't know if I have ever seen anyone walk a dog in my neighborhood in Kuwait. 



Female Police Officers



The first item is the one I miss most.  I love green grass, trees, and flowers.  As for some of the other items, I forget that I miss them until I see them in other countries.  









No comments:

Post a Comment