Friday, June 12, 2015

Today was my last day working at Poe Elementary School.  I felt a sadness about it this morning.  I have only worked at Poe for 1 year, but I have worked and lived in North Carolina for six years.  I laid in bed for about 20 minutes thinking over it all.  A chapter is closing for me.  I am sad for one chapter to end.  I am not devastated about it.  It is all a part of the plan.  My coworkers wished me well.  They were encouraging.  They warned me to be careful and safe.  I have to smile at this advice.  The majority of my coworkers are women, so their maternal instincts come out with the warnings to be safe.  I appreciate the well wishes.  I have never been reckless, but I’m also not afraid to take chances.  I took a chance moving to Michigan City, IN.  That was a job I didn’t apply for directly, in a city I had never heard of.  I moved there and had a great learning experience.  I took a chance and moved to Raleigh, NC.  Once again, I didn’t apply directly for that position, and had never heard of Cary, NC where my school was located.  In all of these things, I have learned that God always goes before me and works out the details.  He knows that I need to make meaningful connections wherever I live.  I’ve done that.  I’ve made great friends in every city that I have lived.  I know that I will make friends in Kuwait as well.    

Many people have remarked that I am a brave person.  I don’t feel particularly brave.  I did make a commitment  to myself years ago to not live a life of regret.  I am nervous about my move and the big changes ahead.  The fear of remaining here and living in regret about an opportunity missed is greater than the fear of what is to come.  Tonight I was driving home and heard a song playing in my mind.  I seem to have a continuous mental soundtrack.  I can’t say that I ever paid attention to the lyrics of this song before, but I just heard the chorus “I did it all” over and over in my mind.  I little research revealed that the song is by  I instantly fell in love with the lyrics.  They sum up my feelings tonight.  I will live life to the fullest.  I will know happiness and sadness. I will experience joy and heartbreak.  I will see wonders of the world and tragedy.  I will let God go before me, strap myself in, and enjoy the ride with both ups and downs.  I don’t want the fear of the lows to get in the way of experiencing the highs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment